Friday, March 18, 2011

Really? I mean, really????

There's this new video of some girl named Rebecca Black singing a song called Friday. I heard about it this morning, but apparently the last few days it has been big news because it's so bad. So, I read some stuff, and I looked up the video and watched it. I agree, it's pretty cringe-worthy, but is it really that much worse than anything else out there? Frankly, much of pop music is pretty lame. Here's the video.

This has been said to be “a whole new level of bad,” “a train wreck” and "disastrous."

Ok, compare it to this video by Britney Spears, "Hold it Against Me."

"Hold it Against Me" is being reviewed as fun and catchy.

I don't know about you, but they sound the same. Both have an awful nasally resonance, synthesized to practically nothing of a normal, human voice. Both have lame lyrics and kinda creepy videos. Yet the world chooses to pick on the 13 year old and continues to say that Britney Spears is brilliant?

I... I'm just so flabbergasted I can hardly form words.

2 comments:

  1. So I saw the "Friday" video a couple of days ago. It turns out that the company that produces it has produced TONS of crappy videos just like that one. The feed off of young kids who want to catch a break in the music industry. It's kind of sad. I haven't seen Britney Spears' video, but I'm sure it's equally as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Overall it should just be acknowledged that about half (no, dare I say ALL) pop music is repetitive, lacking musical substance, and overall needless. And really, what do you expect from a 13 year old girl? I've hung around plenty. She's maybe less annoying than half of the 13 year olds in the world. The unfortunate part is that it's been recorded in history. Most of us like to forget those years.

    ReplyDelete