A few weeks ago, I was having lunch with an old friend. Being two intelligent young women, the topic of our conversation inevitably turned to current events (I was making a concerted effort not to spend the whole time talking about my baby...) and our similarities and differences. I was thoroughly enjoying myself talking about what I knew about people spending too much on a college education when she suggested, "Amanda, you should write a blog!"
Amanda: "But I already have a blog. Two just seems greedy..."
L: "But that's a Mommy Blog. You should have another one, where you talk about things OTHER than your baby." (Ok, she didn't say that exactly, but it was implied...)
Since she mentioned it, I haven't been able to get the thought out of my head. I enjoy reading immensely, both novels, self-help books, and the wealth of materials on the internet. I like to talk about the things I write, and I often finding myself wishing I had a way to express my opinions on the things I read.
So, basically, that's what this is about. I read, I form an opinion, and then I write it down here. I do it partly to formulate my feelings on various topics, but I would also LOVE if I could generate some thoughtful discussion about current topics among anyone who reads this. I'm not out there to pick fights, but I actually enjoy hearing other people's (respectful) opinions, even if the contradict mine. I'm not afraid of someone disagreeing with me.
Anyway, read a bit, go to the link I provide, and enjoy a good healthy dose of know-it-all-ism!
No comments:
Post a Comment